To be certified as an A+ student, an individual must do the following:
- Sign an A+ Student Participation Agreement.
- Attend the designated A+ School for three (3) consecutive years prior to graduation.
- Have at least a 95% attendance rate for the four years of high school.
- Complete the local standards for graduation and graduate with at least a 2.5 (6.875) or higher grade point average (GPA) on a non-weighted 4.0 (11.0) scale.
- Perform fifty (50) hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring for younger students.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs/alcohol/tobacco.
- Make a good faith effort to first secure all available post-secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment. (Required submission of Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA)
- Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam or higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics. Financial incentives may be available for a period of four years after high school graduation. To retain eligibility a student must maintain a 2.5 or higher grade point average while enrolled at a Missouri public community college or vocation/technical school on a full-time basis.